Now Available! “Roots & Branches 5 Element Qi Gong” DVD
A CLASSICAL PRACTICE FOR TRANSFORMING THE BODY, MIND, & SPIRIT
TWO DVD SET:Water Wood Fire Earth Metal
- Cultivates the Life Force within.
- Known to strengthen and heal the body, clarify the mind, and inspire the spirit.
- Roots & Branches 5 Element Qi Gong brings together the Yang Style Tradition of T’ai Chi and Classical 5 Element Chinese Medicine.
DISC 1: ELEMENTS & MOVEMENTS
- Explains and teaches postures, walks and massages designed to increase health and energy.
- Breathing and movement combine with easy-to-follow instructions.
DISC 2: WORKOUTS
- Several daily workouts are included to fit into any lifestyle.
THE 5 ELEMENTS
Water, Wood, Fire, Earth and Metal form the cycles of life and health. Each element is clearly explained and demonstrated in inspiring natural environments by master teachers.
THE INNER TEACHINGS
In the 1970′s, Professor Cheng Man-Ch’ing assigned T’ai Chi postures and massages to his patients to aid in their healing. Combined with breathing, they had a powerful effect, not just on the body, but on spirit, will, and sense of destiny. Professor’s Senior Student, Patrick Watson, preserved this work with Pat Gorman, M.Ac., and she developed it into Roots & Branches with Gerrie Sporken, Ac.M. Both are T’ai Chi Legacy Holders and practitioners of Chinese Medicine in the 5 Element Worsley Tradition.
INTRODUCTION: ROBERT ABRAMSON, M.D.
WRITTEN BY PAT GORMAN, M.Ac.
DIRECTED BY KAREN KOHLHAAS
DEVELOPED WITH GERRIE SPORKEN, Ac.M.
Thank you to our apprentices who appear on the DVD:
- Jonathan Stow: Metal Element
- Patrice Wooldridge: Fire Element
- Charlie Chan: Water Element
- Front Cover: Margaret Matsumoto: Embracing the Tao
- Greg Woodson: Wood Element
Copyright 2011 Pat Gorman, Gerrie Sporken, The T’ai Chi Foundation. All Rights Reserved.