You are invited to join us for a
Self-Care & Centering Workshop
A two-day online event
October 16 & 17, 2021
11 am - 2 pm ET
It’s not only the kindest thing we can do but also the most practical, to nurture our own well-being and mental health during so many overwhelming pressures and stresses like the raging Covid pandemic. Self-care and staying centered need to be recognized as essential life skills. After all, if we fall apart and crumble from undue stress, how can we be of service to others?
This workshop is for you if you feel burned out and overwhelmed by all our current challenges. Are you a caretaker finding yourself stretched to your limits? Do you see yourself in one of these categories?
• Health care providers such as doctors, nurses, fitness coaches, acupuncturists, massage therapists, psychologists, chiropractors, etc.
• Essential services workers like firefighters.
• "Sandwich Generation” adults with children living at home and declining parents or an aging sibling nearby.
• Full-time workers who juggle major commitments.
• School teachers, childcare or eldercare workers, or daycare staff.
• Individuals that feel alone, alienated, and depressed due to social isolation and distancing.
• Someone who has lost their home, their job, or a loved one.
• Artists or musicians that have lost their inspiration and opportunity to perform or be appreciated.
No matter which category we are in, we all feel the debilitating effects of prolonged stress. In addition, when all those around us are also under stress, there is a multiplying effect. Join us to explore basic self-care strategies to help yourself and enable you to help others better.
On Day 1, we will work with some healthful and healing Tai Chi and Qi Gong and meditative work to cultivate compassion and caring for yourself.
On Day 2, we will add centering work and staying grounded when dealing with other people and chronic situational stress. Our presenters are among the most skillful teachers in our organization, many with 20-40 years of teaching experience.
Beginners to very experienced participants are welcome!
$100 USD Member
$120 USD Non-Member
Recordings of the classes are accessible to registrants.
Want to become a Member? Join Us Today.
Questions? Please send us an email.
Disclaimer: All material in this email is provided for educational purposes only. The Tai Chi Foundation Inc. does not directly or indirectly practice medicine or provide medical advice, and nothing in this newsletter is a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always consult your doctor regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations concerning your symptoms or medical condition.