Photo: New China
COVID-19 and the benefits of Qigong and Tai Chi
There is an increasing number of articles about the use of Qigong and Tai Chi to complement the prevention and treatment of COVID-19. Qigong exercises are simple and easy to learn and do. The benefit to pulmonary and immune function health by doing Qigong and Tai Chi has long been understood. The Tai Chi Foundation has several free instructional videos we are making available to anyone who wants to build up their resistance to disease and infection or aid in recovering from COVID-19. We include links to these programs here and links to articles about how Qigong and Tai Chi have proven beneficial as support in restoring health.
Free programs offered by the Tai Chi Foundation
1. TYB. These three moves are the preliminary exercises of the Roots & Branches 5 Element Qi Gong practice. Collectively known as TYB, they are; Embracing the Tao, Yin Yang Breath, and Constant Bear & Looking Owl. These moves fortify the Jing or the deepest energies of the body.
2. Free Live Online Classes with various teachers
3. 100 days At-Home Qi-Building Tuning.
Tai Chi Foundation Blog about Lung Health
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR LUNGS By Pam Hunt, RRT
Please consider a donation to the Tai Chi Foundation's mission of making Tai Chi and Qigong available to humanity. Donate Here.
Video Credit: New China
Photo credit: New China
Articles about the use of Qigong and Tai Chi in COVID-19 Rehabilitation
1. Qigong, used to complement COVID-19 and cancer treatment, a mental game-changer
2. Tai Chi and Qi Gong: In-Depth
3. Deep Breathing Could Help You Recover From Covid-19
4. Chinese medic in hazmat suit teaches coronavirus patients martial arts to keep them active during the quarantine
5. Using Qigong to manage COVID-19 in older adults
6. The effect of qigong for pulmonary function and quality of life in patients with covid-19: A protocol for systematic review and meta-analysis
7. Qigong for the Prevention, Treatment, and Rehabilitation of COVID-19 Infection in Older Adults
8. Tai Chi and Qi Gong
9. From the US Department of Veterans Affairs
10. Traditional Chinese medicine nurses lead COVID-19 patients practice Tai Chi
11. What exercises can help increase lung capacity?